View Single Post
Old 02-24-2021, 03:38 AM
Post whore

Thanked 4,808 Times in 2,679 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaka View Post
As bad as it was - and I agree that it was too long - it still let everyone outside the organization know what kind of a guy Irsay was. All I'm saying is that if I'm Ballard and I was interviewing with multiple teams, I'd much prefer the team with the owner who has a history of letting his GMs stay too long, rather than too short

And to build on my McDaniels comments a little more - think about it: if the guy is interviewing with the Eagles, presumably he would take the job if offered. How could he possibly view today's Eagles as a preferable situation to the 2018 Colts? He can't. That's all you need to know.
I think the NFL teams have blackballed McDouche. He's not a man (calling him a man can be debated) that can be trusted. It's quite clear that he isn't that fucking good anyway without Tom Brady, neither is Bellacheat. He sucked in Denver and he would have sucked for the Colts. We dodged a major bullet when he chicken shitted his way out of here and we ended up with a way better head coach in Reich.

You do have a great point in preferring an owner who has a history of letting GM's stay too long, rather than too short. The Colts, in my opinion, have become one of the best organizations in the NFL. I would put up our trio of Irsay, Ballard, and Reich up against any other team in the NFL.

Last edited by Spike; 02-24-2021 at 02:54 PM.