View Single Post
Old 08-05-2019, 01:17 PM
Post whore

Thanked 3,683 Times in 2,059 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldcolt View Post
I get Fountain. We have a ton of athletic unproved receivers. Why are you down on both Lewis and Turay? I'm hoping and think there is a reasonable chance that at least one of them makes a big move.
I'm not down on them. I think they will be most improved. I don't see either cracking the starters, but they should improve.

Ballard likes athletes at end, although the guys seem to need their technique improved and can be projects. He will throw numbers at the problem till it is solved. I expect to spend another draft pick on a pass rusher next draft. Turay showed flashes at pass rushing, but his run defense was very shoddy. Lewis I think will be better because I think he had better instruction at OSU and was buried among a lot of dominate players at that school. He also missed a lot of last season due to injury.

Finally, dline is a man's game within the game. It takes time for the average dline guy to reach his potential. Sure some guys come out of the gate fast, but usually it takes years to build your body, gain the strength, and master effective technique to be a good player. You have to be patient with guys. I always like a misture of vets and youth at the position.

Look at Grover Stewert, he had to retool his body to fit in this system, and he now looks like he is starting to get it. I think he will take a transition step.

Last edited by Chromeburn; 08-05-2019 at 01:19 PM.