Thread: Hey Dam
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2017, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
This is the fundamental disagreement we have, I think. You seem to think things like a QB overthrowing a ball, a receiver or tight end dropping a pass, or an OL not making a good enough block are on coaching, which means in your world players bear no responsibility to execute the responsibilities of their position. I disagree with that entirely. It is the QB's job to throw the ball accurately, it is the receiver's job to catch the ball, and it is the OL's job to make their blocks well enough to allow the skill players to execute their responsibilities. If they're not doing that, they need replaced, but unfortunately it's nigh impossible to do that midseason.

As I mentioned in my previous post my fundamental disagreement is you over emphasize the accountability of the talent and underemphasize the accountability of the coaching. Both are true and are grave issues for this franchise. For example from the Titans game:

1. Moncrief dropped a catch for a touchdown that was a perfect ball right in his hands with very little pressure from the defender. It is Inexcusable that he cost his team points. His contract is due next year. We have seen enough. He should be held to account and should NOT be signed. Further, according to Doyle, he skipped out of the locker room so fast after the game they were searching for him to interview him and he was nowhere to be found. He's a self centered punk who is not a good team mate. Done

2. Our coaches put our best offensive asset (Hilton) in a bunch formation exactly once where he gained 19 yards yet failed to replicate that sensible/obvious design to thwart the Titans bracket. There are dozens of scheme issues, clock management isssues, and roster selection issues over the course of 6 years that this leadership team has made with unacceptable result and they must be held to account and fired at the end of the season.

It's not that hard.....it's not players or coaching. It's players AND coaching. But you can't ignore the coaching incompetence. To do so diminishes your credibility.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 1965southpaw For This Useful Post:
IndyNorm (10-18-2017), Racehorse (10-18-2017), smitty46953 (10-18-2017)