View Single Post
Old 12-08-2019, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt Classic View Post
...and I say the front office heard from him months before week 3 of the preseason that his mind wasn't in it to win it any longer. Anyone thinking he just woke up on that Saturday and said "fuck it, I'm done" without any prior word to Ballard or Irsay is naive. Why else was Peyton Manning randomly brought in just before the announcement? He was Irsay's Hail Mary attempt to save this whole fiasco by having Peyton talk him off the ledge.

Luck's a dipshit for what he did, but Ballard and Irsay are part of the clown show too.

Beyond that, fuck Ballard for having two long-term projects taking up roster spots in Fountain and Cain. Neither of those two were "next man up" levels of being ready and it fucked up the offense as soon as injuries happened. He needs to stop being cute with the depth spots. Sure, they won't be All-Pro's, but these guys couldn't replace Blair White or John Standeford.
They absolutely knew, as did the rest of those on the inside throughout the nfl. They had appearances to uphold and tickets to sell.