View Single Post
Old 12-08-2019, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldcolt View Post
I don’t get why so many people say Luck gave the team a heads up. Because it was the right thing to do? People do make impulsive moves. I have zero information as to what went down. I have not read anything that says he told everybody in the organization for months that he wasn’t into football anymore. I don’t blame him for his decision but is it reported anywhere that Ballard are a heads up and just blew it off?
In the real world, imagine a top salesperson in a Fortune 500 company who makes that company a ton of money. Salesperson gets burned out and goes to management and says it's time to move on in life. What do you think happens? Management instantly sees a lot of lost revenue, money made that can't possibly be replaced since there are no other sales staff who make the company anywhere near as much money. So management tells the money-maker to take some time off, come back in a week and things will be great. Maybe a few months pass with things seemingly being good enough, but eventually, the salesperson has once and for all had enough--totally checked out, no going back. Of course, when it actually goes down, management is going to do what they can to save face and say they had no idea and thought everything was great.

You don't see how any of that would translate to the Luck situation? Of course, I have no sources, but no one here has sources for whether or not the Colts would be better off punting or going for it on 4th down, but here we are.