View Single Post
Old 07-06-2022, 10:34 PM
Post whore

Thanked 2,514 Times in 1,415 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike View Post
Who can't get a fucking ID in America? That's the leftish bullshit they keep trying to spew out. Fucking ridiculous. You SHOULD have an ID to vote, it isn't that hard to get one unless you are dumb as a fence post.
My Mom couldnt. She was 87, in a nursing home and no longer drove a car. Her license expired, and S.Dakota law required an ID. My sister took a day out of work so she could get Mom a state ID. Not everyone has that kind of help or time. Many in nursing home or long term care have trouble getting help. There are many city dwellers who dont have drivers license, they dont own a car. Many poor people have difficulty getting to polling stations that are located across town, or have shortened hours. Not many businesses will give time off work for voting.

They are making it harder to use absentee ballots. Why? I had to vote in my first two federal elections by absentee ballots. I voted during covid by absentee. I works and there were limited problems with the latest federal election.

When the machines of government are set against the people they should help, its a problem.