View Single Post
Old 09-14-2017, 06:12 PM

Thanked 1,304 Times in 712 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherck View Post
From Stampede Blue

So, I went and looked at this idea that the 2018 QB draft class is supposed to be good and, okay, it appears that it might not be a stretch.

There are a ton of writers out there talking about the QBs that will be coming out for the 2018 draft with a couple of projections saying as many as 6 QBs drafted in the top 20 spots. It will not end up that way but it gives you an idea that the QB class of 2018 is pretty stacked.

A bounty of 2018 picks for a top 5 draft position along with a a lot of free salary cap space ($85m) and the (hopeful) development of Hooker, Wilson, Basham, Mack along with a gelling of the defensive front seven could make for an interesting 2018 even if that means 2017 is going to suck.

Food for thought. I am not saying that is what is happening but....

Walk Worthy,
If there are 6 in the top 20, that waters down the value of the top picks unless you have 1 or 2 that are far better than the others. Ideally you want a top pick in a draft with only 1 or 2 legit qb prospects, because that increases the value of that pick for a qb needy team. Are there a couple qb's that are much much better than the other top prospects? I'm not familiar with the college prospects.