View Single Post
Old 09-14-2017, 01:27 PM

Thanked 1,477 Times in 815 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherck View Post
From Stampede Blue

So, I went and looked at this idea that the 2018 QB draft class is supposed to be good and, okay, it appears that it might not be a stretch.

There are a ton of writers out there talking about the QBs that will be coming out for the 2018 draft with a couple of projections saying as many as 6 QBs drafted in the top 20 spots. It will not end up that way but it gives you an idea that the QB class of 2018 is pretty stacked.

A bounty of 2018 picks for a top 5 draft position along with a a lot of free salary cap space ($85m) and the (hopeful) development of Hooker, Wilson, Basham, Mack along with a gelling of the defensive front seven could make for an interesting 2018 even if that means 2017 is going to suck.

Food for thought. I am not saying that is what is happening but....

Walk Worthy,
I read this and the keefer article. I hope irsay is this smart. He wanted a rebuild with grigson, they had early success and they went for it only to fail miserably. He finally realized he needed to do it again and will hopefully be patient this time with ballard.

Stink for a couple years and build a balanced and solid team. If we get a high pick and some team wants to give us a treasure trove of picks for a shiny new QB, then do it.