View Single Post
Old 09-03-2019, 10:21 AM

Thanked 2,430 Times in 1,092 Posts

To me it is a great move because of the circumstances this team finds itself in. Whatever you think about Luck retiring, it had to be at some level a gut punch to this team. By giving Jacoby this contract (which they can easily afford) they get rid of a possible distraction if Brissett does as well as they think he will (ie. the starting qb making less than a ton of guys on the team including his backup), they put a stamp on the Luck era being over, and they 'put their money where their mouth was' thus doing everything in their power to put the focus on this season and winning it all. It sends a message that this regime knows how to take care of it's players (Jacoby has shown that he is all about the team the way he handled Luck's absence and Luck coming back-I'm assuming the Colts rewarded him for that among other things), should be of help in upping the emotional state of the team and seems to me at least to be a move of a front office that doesn't panic and know what in the hell they are doing.

One last thing about Ballard. Brissett for Dorsett is beginning to have the look of a pretty good trade isn't it?

Last edited by Oldcolt; 09-03-2019 at 10:27 AM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Oldcolt For This Useful Post:
Hoopsdoc (09-03-2019), Racehorse (09-03-2019), VeveJones007 (09-03-2019)