View Single Post
Old 01-12-2018, 02:14 PM

Thanked 1,114 Times in 612 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by YDFL Commish View Post
But the Pats have done it W/O a superstar RB (other than Corey Dillon), it been mostly a RB by committee. Even back in 2006, there were times that Dillon was a healthy scratch.

The Pats RB's have been Corey Dillon, Lawrence Maroney, Kevin Faulk, Sammy Morris, Green Ellis, Fred Taylor, Stevan Ridley, Danny Woodhead, Shane Vareen, Brandon Bolden, Jonas Gray, LaGarrette Blount, James White, Dion Lewis, Mike Gilesllee, Rex Burkhead.

Notice a trend? All role playing RB's for the most part.

Although, the Pats offense is labeled a Erhardt/Perkins scheme, essentially BB and McDaniels are running a Ted Marchibroda modified offense from the '70's.

The old timers here can back me up on this, but the Baltmore Colts under Marchibroda threw to the RB's a lot.

I can see a lot of what Brady does under center is very similar to what Bert Jones did.

So, in theory, we would not need a superstar RB.
This was going to be my reply as well.

I think the "safe" conclusion is simply that the offense would need a lot of work to get the personnel the way that McDaniels would want it. He likes the quick-hitting passing game underneath and the current roster is not equipped for that style outside of Hilton.