View Single Post
Old 01-12-2018, 02:13 PM

Thanked 2,258 Times in 1,217 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherck View Post
I don't disagree with you; however....

The Cheats have had the luxury of having a top defense for the majority of their run since 2006. This contributes to....

An effective offense centered around a stud QB. Yeah, I hate Tommy Cheater but he is a stud. This is fueled by....

An offensive line that, while not top five, has been solidly good for a long time. I think that Tommy Cheater's quick release and intelligence game plan design does a lot of this but....

Leading to the fact that RB, while getting 63% of the touches, is RARELY the focus of opposing defenses or opposing game plans. Early on, folks game planned to score on the Pats defense. Later, they game planned to stop Tommy Cheater. Rarely, if ever, did they gameplan to stop the run.

The Colts do not have a top defense, they don't have a stud QB (that might change but currently, and they don't have a demonstrated good game plan. That means that running back by committee will probably not work out much better than it has over the past couple of years for the Colts.

Also, our owner wants Barkley. He wants his next Edge. Big factor there.

I am with you, brother. I want a complete team with studs at QB, O-line, and on Defense before I want a stud RB.

However, if McDaniels' is our next HC, I see all the factors coming together at Barkley at #3 overall.

Walk Worthy,
I was just pointing out that the Pats did it w/o the stud RB. Do I want the stud RB, you bet I do.

Barlkely IMO, can be something special. But if Colts brass believes that a guy like Michel is just a notch below and a better value, than I would rather go that route.

Really good evaluation of Michel here:https://www.pewterreport.com/cover-3...el-sony-shake/

I really like the way he can make his cuts w/o gearing down.