Thread: Cam Newton
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2019, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromeburn View Post
Luck loved Pagano. I wonder if Luck never took to the new leadership. I think all the rehab time made him withdraw from the team and the camaraderie of the locker room.

This will not be a popular take, In the back of my mind, I wonder if Luck looked at all the money we are not spending and the talk of rebuilding despite making the playoffs and thought why kill myself if they are not willing to commit and win now. I know the philosophy of building the team rah rah. But the thought keeps popping into my head.
Anything's possible with Lucks thought process. However he could not possibly have been blind to the extensions he saw being given to players Ballard was identifying as needed moving forward. Just as we all know who is coming up for free agency that are crucial to team success so did Luck. I mean this ultra intelligent geek sees the success of two consecutive drafts with occasional free agent signings such as Ebron last year and then Funchess for this year as well as Houston. He's got a GM with a knack for bringing in highly productive UDFA players, drafts extremely well, wants to resign those who are productive and earning extensions. You say he loved Pagano and I've got no doubt he did but once again he can't be blind to the pure ineptness of Pagano as a HC. He must have appreciated what Reich brought to the team last year...it's night and day comparing Reich to Pagano and not even close.

This is a weird time to be a Colts fan. We've seen what spending money and trying to win now was like under Manning. The Atlanta Braves of the NFL and we got to see meaningful football just about every January but not February. We saw what Colts looked like with Luck last year after the cobwebs were shaken off and everyone got on same page. Then add Houston and Funchess along with another draft class. Everyone touting the Colts as an AFC title contender until the mystery calf injury comes out of nowhere.

I know this, I'm over Andrew Luck. Appreciate all he did while playing. I find it unforgiveable that he did what he did in the manner he did it. Could care less when a player wants to retire but the timing is everything and his was just the absolute worst. Wish him the best and hopefully Brissett progresses or the Colts can find someone else they like. As a fan though I don't wish to see a 2-14 season to hopefully land the next great hope at QB for the Colts. Because it is never guaranteed.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to indycolts2 For This Useful Post:
njcoltfan (11-15-2019), Oldcolt (11-11-2019)