View Single Post
Old 05-22-2017, 08:32 AM

Thanked 1,204 Times in 530 Posts

From Peter King's MMQB today:

15th rated OT via PFF = Anthony Castonzo (6th season)
19th rated OC via PFF = Ryan Kelly (rookie)
25th rated OG via PFF = Jack Mewhort (3rd season)
39th rated OT via PFF = Joe Haeg (rookie)
68th rated OG via PFF = Denzelle Good (2nd season)
Not rated OT via PFF = Le'Raven Clark (rookie)

And he uses these ratings as a negative against the team as to why we did not do more to upgrade the offensive line.

Seriously?

A top half rated left OT in a year that many of us felt like was a "down" year for him? That is cause for concern? More than half the teams in the league would LOVE to have that problem.

A nearly top half rated OC as a rookie? 2nd year leap? Full off-season workout?

64 starting OG spots in the NFL on a weekly basis and one of our OGs ended up being ranked in almost the top 1/3 while the other one who is a rookie (Haeg) ends up being rated just below the half mark at the harder OT position. Again, with a 2nd year leap by Haeg and the potenetial injury rebound of Mewhort, both could easily be in the top 32 of OGs this season.

Clark was not mentioned in his "evaluation" which goes to show that he was really not paying attention. I would love to know where his last three games ranked as an OT because I though he had progressed greatly and looked good.

I don't know. Perhaps I am drinking the Kool-Aid but I just don't know how you can use those kinds of rankings to look at an offensive line that is somehow not getting better; especially since 2 of their rated players were rookies and one was a 2nd year player (Good).

I also wonder where Schwenke was ranked in 2016 at either OC or OG. Apparently, he does not factor in either.

This is why "national" sports writers kill me. So few actually follow what is happening on the teams.

Cheers,
The Following User Says Thank You to sherck For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (05-22-2017)