View Single Post
Old 01-16-2018, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
It's about affecting the competition on the field. All of the people you named made bad decisions, and I'm not saying a person who makes a bad decision doesn't deserve a second chance, but only the ones who took PEDs are a problem. Most of those players were hated here anyway. Signal stealing via videotaping is a clear violation of the rules, and Belicheat not only broke that rule, he then decided to use his team as "payback" to the league that he was caught cheating, and the likelihood that he isn't still doing it is about the same as the likelihood that Peyton Manning will be under center for the Colts next year. McDaniels carried it with him to Denver, and did it enough to get caught himself. Clearly, there's no remorse in this for them, maybe they don't even think they're doing anything wrong. But they're breaking the rules designed to make the competition on the field fair. If you're not even going to have a fair competition, what's the point of having a competition at all? I thought about the rosiest scenario with McDaniels as head coach; several division titles, constant playoff contention, multiple Super Bowl wins, and the thought that kept running through my mind was "So what? It's not like they earned it." That's the problem, even winning is losing, unless you just really don't care about the game at all, in which case, enjoy any fraudulent success that may happen, but you'll all be Cheats fans at the end of it.
I don’t remember you shunning Mathis after the PED suspension.