View Single Post
Old 10-10-2017, 10:59 PM

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,218 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1965southpaw View Post
What pisses me off most is that the play if executed as designed requires Bray to do 2 things he's not good at. 1. Make a quick decision re whether Desir is open enough to do something with the ball once he receives it and then 2. Accurately through the ball all the way across to the other side of the field. How many times have we seen Bray make bad decisions re running the ball out of the end zone let alone now saddling him with this level of complexity? Forget the argument that we shouldn't need a trick play to beat the 49rs. This play as designed and with the talent we have is just too low a probability to even think about taking out of the playbook
I apologize if I'm mistaken, but wasn't the pass/lateral thrown to Hogan, who had only been with the team for 3 weeks? Not that it matters, because I believe that Desir may have been /the Colts one week longer.

My point is, that you don't try plays like this, unless all impact players have practiced this play for months, not weeks.

Again this is no different than Pags stupid swinging gate lineup vs the Pats. I don't care if the Special Teams Coached called it or not.

Pags in both instances, had a chance to veto it or call a TO, and make things right.

Nope, not Pags. Hell I'm surprised he hasn't fired Tom McMahon and replaced him with Tom Simpson.