View Single Post
Old 02-06-2019, 02:52 PM
Post whore

Thanked 1,642 Times in 951 Posts
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck View Post
Not sure why. It would not only help us it hurts a division opponent. I do value your opinion on speed rushers though.

Earlier you said you think SS is #2 need. I am torn between SS and 3 tech

Do you have the faith in what we have for 3 Tech over what we have for SS?

I think Lewis might be pretty good.
Autry had 9 sacks and was a pro bowl alternate. That would be the Colts starter at UT next year. Hunt could also be retained as a rotational player getting snaps at UT and NT. I think that position is way more set than SS, where there's Farley coming off of IR and Geathers who is a FA and has had quite a few of his own problems with health.

Speaking of 9 sacks, that was the number that Clowney had last year, and he only has 29 for his career and has never broken 10 in a single season. That's why I don't want to break the bank for Clowney. Does it really hurt a division rival to lose an underachiever and save that money to spend on things that will improve their team? Clowney is definitely an untapped potential guy, and I'd definitely take him on an Ebron type prove it deal, but the Texans will pay him more than that. If the Colts are going to go after any Texans free agent, I'd want Tyrann Mathieu.