View Single Post
Old 10-13-2021, 12:30 PM

Thanked 4,416 Times in 2,534 Posts
Default Thoughts on Ratbirds game

Didn't see one, so here goes:

1. We dominated those dirty birds for 3/4 of the game. Was thrilled to see that. However, ...

2. Cornerbacks dropped left and right, leaving us no chance to stop the obvious passing attack that was coming. Who would have thought our fans would miss Rock? (I still say he is better than his critics make him out to be.)

3. Kicking game cost us big time. I know he is hurt, but one point from him would have helped immensely. Maybe the injury is wht we went for two, and failed. This leads me to the next point.

4. What was with that attempt? I think putting the ball in the hands of Taylor or Hines would have gotten the two points.

5. If there were one more minute or one less to the game in regulation, I think we win it. Either they would have run out of time, or we would have had the time we needed foe a better FG attempt.

6. Speaking of more time, I was glad to see the TD after the refs called back the extraordinary fumble recovery for a TD. However, the time it took would have helped us at the end.

7. The defense played like we expected while healthy. Yes, we still have no pass rush, but they played nearly a perfect game in the first half.

8. Wentz looked solid. I wish he had not fumbled in the red zone, because those points we lost came back to haunt us. I still think he will be very successful for us down the road.

9. Our RB room is very good. Not sure, but I think they had nearly 250 all-purpose yards. Between them and Wentz, our offense was clicking well, minus the one TO.

10. I mentioned pass rush, so I must say that I am anxious to see Dayo and Paye when they are healthy. Maybe that makes all the difference for the defense.

11. I hate what Eberflus brings to the table, but he called a perfect game in the first half, and Baltimore couldn't do much until we were down to practice squad CBs.

Last edited by Racehorse; 10-13-2021 at 04:06 PM.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Racehorse For This Useful Post:
apballin (10-13-2021), BCN#1 (10-15-2021), Brylok (10-13-2021), CletusPyle (10-13-2021), Colts And Orioles (10-13-2021), Luck4Reich (10-13-2021), omahacolt (10-14-2021), Spike (10-13-2021), YDFL Commish (10-13-2021)