View Single Post
Old 11-27-2019, 08:13 AM

Thanked 1,994 Times in 1,136 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brylok View Post
Haha! Five or six shit years before Peyton Manning? Good lord! That's your Baltimore talking. Try eleven shit years to start. The Colts were awful! They were a national laughing stock. I grew up with it. My family were Bears fans because the Colts were a joke. Non competitive. Then, when I was in the Navy, they had the Harbaugh year. I was still a Bears fan and took some heat from the guys who knew I was from Indy. I remember "no trim til the Colts win" and people's dad's walking around looking like Grisley Adams. "Lord help our Colts" was a weekly staple. I remember one year when Subway offered a promotion on the last game of the season, that if the Colts beat the Jets, you can get a 6 inch sub for the price of the point difference. The Colts won by a field goal, and by the time I got to the Subway, they were out of bread. Three cent subs sell out fast. And after that, at least half of the damn fans wanted to draft Ryan Leaf.
I know you're old as hell and I have nothing against you or anything, but that post was asinine. Absolutely clueless about Colts life in Indianapolis before Peyton Manning.
Five or six shit years...jeezus
Man those were some fucked up times- I remember going to games and 70% of the crowd, regardless of the opponent, were for them- including folks from Indy! Go to a Browns or Bills game, better be ready to get beat up by their fans. Dean Beasucci was a fucking star back then- he had like 85% of our points for a decade or so!
The Following User Says Thank You to ChoppedWood For This Useful Post:
Brylok (11-27-2019)