View Single Post
Old 02-27-2018, 08:01 AM

Thanked 4,400 Times in 2,531 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherck View Post
Heh...and now for the third opinion....

None of that matters if Luck is still getting hit 10+ times a game. Full stop. End of discussion.

Will a new, intelligence offensive system help with that? Sure.
Will a new OC / QB coach who are not idiots help with that? Sure.

But, in the end, our O-Linemen need to be able to hold at the point of attack making our RB by committee apporach more effective AND keep the pocket clean for Luck to make plays.

Can the Colts sign good enough guys in free agency to "fix" to O-Line problem? Yes they can. Will they? I will tell you in a month.

Grab one of Solder/Flemming at OT and then one of Norwell/Pugh/Kline/Mewhort at OG to add to the mix of Haeg and Good and may the best 3 win.

If the Colts do that, then I am fine with having the Chubb vs Barkley vs trade down debate.

But, if the Colts cannot do that, then I hope they use the #3 on the best O-Lineman they can and I don't care if he is OG or OT.

Walk Worthy,
I would love to add Norwell and go with young defenders in the draft. However, I see Roquan Smith as the player that you have to try to get. He is a field general and very good all over the field. I would even reach a couple picks or so to get him, because he is going to be that good.