View Single Post
Old 10-07-2020, 12:00 PM
Post whore

Thanked 1,639 Times in 948 Posts

I think screens and the quick game are the way to go in the passing game in this one, at least early. Long, methodical drives would be the best way for the Colts offense to go early in this one. Establish the run, then when you have them crashing the box like the Bears did, send MAC, Doyle, or TY up the seam for a huge gainer. The Browns have Garrett, who is on par with or maybe even better than Khalil Mack, but the Browns defense is nowhere near as good as the Bears, and I expect the offense will be able to do some damage in this game as long as they don't let Garrett do too much damage.

Defensively, the #1 pass defense is going to be put to the test. The Browns have very good WRs in Odell Beckham and Jarvis Landry, a good receiving TE in Austin Hooper, a good receiver from RB in Kareem Hunt, and two dangerous rookies as receiving threats in Harrison Bryant and Donovan Peoples-Jones. If Ya-Sin, Leonard, and Okereke, or any combination thereof miss this game, this could be trouble for the Colts. Missing Chubb is good, but Hunt is a dangerous all-purpose back and their revamped OL looks good. If the Colts aren't missing anyone, this should be a very interesting matchup. If they have two or three of the aforementioned players out, I fear this game turning into a shootout where the Colts can't keep up. Buckner and Houston are a fantastic pass rush duo and have made the DL stout, but the success of the pass defense has hinged thus far on the range and instincts of Leonard and Okereke, and Ya-Sin has improved his play quite a bit, taking the proverbial "second year jump" Bill Polian was always so fond of. With those three, or at least two of them, I can see the Colts defense continuing to hold up against their attack.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dam8610 For This Useful Post:
Pez (10-07-2020), Racehorse (10-07-2020)