Thread: Adam Vinatieri
View Single Post
Old 09-16-2019, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukcolt View Post
He has had 2, i repeat two poor games, that have cost us 3 points on PAT's and then missed one FG......that could i admit have cost us two games....but in the grand scheme of things, Eric Ebron not making the TD catch against the Chargers cost us 4 points, the offside penalty etc etc. I have more faith that over the course of the rest of the season that AV will be better than any kicker we pick up off of the street.
Ebron has been targeted 7 times this season and has 4 catches and 1 TD. When he's not running routes, he's blocking for running plays. Vinatieri has one job, placekicking. Historically, no one has ever done it better, but shit brother, he's 46 years old. He's closer to collecting SS than he is to the younger NFLers in the game. If time has caught up to him, he has to go. He hasn't even had to kick when there's extreme pressure on him like the guy from the Bears yesterday from 53 yards. 1 game is an aberration, 2 games out of 2? If he were 30 years old I'd only be a little concerned, but at 46, I'm deeply concerned.