View Single Post
Old 10-07-2019, 03:35 PM
Accidental Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaka View Post
Truly great win last night, but it troubles me that despite our dominant O-line, our QB managed only a meager 151 yards on 29 pass attempts (5.1 yard average) and rarely attempted - much less completed - any passes over 10 yards. He needs to improve for us to get to the promised land.
I dont disagree, Mahomes had 10 passes over 15 yards, Brissett had one. I have to think that a good bit of it is game planning, we were not going to win a shootout with the Chiefs and their weakness was their run defense. We had to run the ball, consume the clock and keep PM off the field, and keep our battered secondary off the field.

I think more impressive is that everyone in the stadium knew we were going to run the ball and then we dared them to stop us. They couldn't, and we exposed them by simply by executing. This isn't some "blueprint to beat the Chiefs," but rather simple, straightforward ball control offense.

I'm not worried that we didnt ask Brissett to huck it downfield. The last FG drive of the game we took aver with 1:15 left in the third and did not give it back until 7:40 left in the 4th.

"I want to dominate all my opponents, and take their will away to play the game, by each play, and finishing them past the whistle."
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pez For This Useful Post:
Chaka (10-07-2019), Indiana V2 (10-07-2019)