View Single Post
Old 12-06-2021, 01:51 AM

Thanked 1,334 Times in 752 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck View Post
If they take him out and the Texans score there would be screaming that we took our foot off their throat. Teams DO make comebacks.

Frank ran him. Used the clock and won the game. There can be NO ISSUES with Franks play calling this game. He did what we needed to do to secure the win.

JT has a whole week to rest. He's not old like me and many of you. He can bounce back and be fresh.

Two things the last two games showed the league. If you can't stop the run we WILL run it down your throats. If you send everything to stop the run Wentz will kill you with the passing game. Without the turnovers last week this would be considered the hottest team in football.

I still believe we are. Can't turn the ball over though
Maybe you're not one of them, but there's a lot of posters on here saying that it was a good thing that JT wasn't seeing as many touches early in the season b/c we needed to make sure he was fresh for later in the season/playoffs. While I don't disagree with load management for a RB, this should include late in the game in blowouts. We were up 24 against a team that had barely made a first down all game. They weren't coming back. And even if they do get it within 2 scores then put Taylor back in. Going with Jackson (side note: looked pretty good today) couldn't have ended any worse than what happened with Taylor.

I think the league has known for awhile that if they can't stop the run we'll run it down their throats. They also know that at times if they stop the run on a couple of plays (and sometimes even when they don't stop the run) we'll completely abandon giving the ball to our best player and start passing on every single down. Since our OL isn't very good at pass blocking and Wentz makes some really stupid decisions at times, this leads to a lot of turnovers and negative plays that have and will cost us games.