Thread: Gerald McCoy
View Single Post
Old 06-13-2019, 02:53 PM

Thanked 4,361 Times in 2,508 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromeburn View Post
https://youtu.be/76-I8AizMgA

I think our window opened last season. I think we are there and I am not the only one who thinks this. A lot of media is on board, placing the Colts regularly in the top five. But that is just fluff, more importantly I think the Colts think they are there. The link above is a good listen, around the 7 min mark they start getting into expectations. No one with the Colts will say anything on the record about it, but there is a buzz around the team and they think they are contenders this year.

Before the draft I offered the question, what position drafted would start for this team. I think I got SAM LB the most which isn't really a starting position now since Nickle is the base package, not the 4-3. This is a deep team. They don't necessarily have star power at certain positions, but they do have a lot speed and redundancy that helps negate the lack of some star power.

I know everybody is kinda riding a high from last season because they exceeded expectations. But you have to move on from that if you keep the majority of the team together and you make the divisional round.
My skepticism comes from the fact that a lot of the hype seems to be coming from people close to the team, i.e. people who may have an agenda to try to sell more tickets. I hope we are that close, but I have felt that way before only to suffer quite a letdown.