View Single Post
Old 09-16-2021, 11:12 PM

Thanked 1,994 Times in 1,136 Posts

Overall interest has waned, largely as a result of the opposite of what Roger has determined everyone wants to see = arcade game scoring and "the chosen ones" always being in the spotlight. I used to be the guy that started watching pre-game shows 3 hours before, wore jerseys, and was in a sweat when the kick off happened of the first game of the day whether it was the Colts or not.

The overall enjoyment of the NFL game has been smothered by ref's that believe we enjoy watching them. The rules structures making it so you can't really play defense has zapped a lot of my desire. Also, I am a firm believer this is merely a very highly choreographed version of the WWE at this point and last Monday night's farce just reinforced that belief. Big gain Dallas, flag. Ridiculous push off on the TD catch- ref just happened to miss it... ALWAYS the way it goes for certain teams.

I still watch the Colts games with great intensity and still feel the blood rushing when I jump up and go crazy over a play, but other games, meh, I'll watch with a casual eye as long as I don't have something else to do.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ChoppedWood For This Useful Post:
BCN#1 (09-17-2021), Oldcolt (09-16-2021), Racehorse (09-17-2021)