View Single Post
Old 12-11-2018, 12:17 PM

Thanked 1,114 Times in 612 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldcolt View Post
I'm don't get why everyone thinks Bell's attitude is so bad. What about the attitude of the team? Keeping franchising a player who is one play away from making zilch next year shows that they don't give a crap about him as a person yet we all think he should be willing to sacrifice his physical and financial well being for the team. It's a business and when you cannot play the NFL doesn't give a crap. We traded Unitas for 'future considerations' after all he did for this team. Worse look at how much 'help' the Steelers gave Mike Webster whose brain was destroyed playing for these guys with what probably was the perfect attitude at the time. On the field Bell gives his all. He is a great blocking back not afraid to due the dirty work, he doesn't drop passes and most importantly he can read blocks and get what the defense will give you. We are going to need that when we play good defenses in the cold. I agree that the money he wants is ridiculous, but it might just be worth it for this particular team at this particular time.
I have zero information about Bell's attitude and I have no problem with his holdout. He has every right to try and maximize his earnings.

My concern is the reaction of his Steelers teammates. It isn't a good view of how the player is respected by teammates when they glory in stealing his property and posting it all over social media.
The Following User Says Thank You to VeveJones007 For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (12-11-2018)