View Single Post
Old 02-27-2023, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosTheory View Post
True, it is impossible. But you have no problem reading Chris Ballard's mind just like the anti-Reich guys have no problem reading his.

I'll speak for myself and say there is no insinuation that Reich wanted what they ended up with. The only people giving takes like the ones in bold above are fervent anti-Reich guys or anti-Ballard guys. I personally believe they came to the decision together and it just didn't work.

Both parties seem to have a real problem accepting the fact that the HC and GM collaborate on these decisions. One guy claims, "Frank Reich said fuck you to Chris Ballard" and the next guy claims, "Chris Ballard said fuck you to Frank Reich."

You can believe that if you want, but there's no evidence for it.
There is plenty of evidence that Ballard has a team building philosophy - we’ve heard him share it consistently. And the team has largely been built that way. LT last year was handled 100% consistently with that philosophy and with what we’ve seen at other positions - a low level place holder on a minor contract and then a rookie that’s expected to take over. Yet it is repeatedly painted as if that was Reich’s choice. If it was, then yes he deserved to be fired. However in is consistent with what we’ve seen from Ballard and his stated building method.

Yes it is and should be a collaborative effort between coach and GM. Traits and skills at certain positions should largely be dictated by what the coaches want. Straight lining contracts and avoiding free agency is not. And passing off the frustration of Ballard’s slow roll on Reich as Chrome is doing is completely disingenuous.