View Single Post
Old 04-02-2018, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherck View Post
Agreed, Chaka.

I think that is highly probably that 4 QBs will be taken in the top 5 and that it is possible (but unlikely) that all 5 top picks will be QB.

I see it very possible that someone will want to trade into the #4 spot for QB so that CLE may not pick there. If someone does, then it will be for QB.

DEN is actually the wildcard in my thinking. If 4 QBs are already off the board and the one who is left is actually their #5 guy, then I could see them going with the best non-QB pick whomever that is in their book.

But, I think the top 4 picks will be QB because I think the package soemone will offer CLE for #4 will be too good to pass up.

Which then, hopefully, gives us our pick of whomever of the top non-QBs we like or the ability to drop a spot or two to get another 2nd round pick by being willing to "give up" on Barkley or Chubb. Trading down to 7 or 8 or 9 would not be the end of the world and still able to get one of Chubb, Nelson, Barkley or Edmunds/Smith. Or Fitzpatrick. Or the CB.

Draft day is going to be wild.

Walk Worthy,
Agreed Denver's something of a wild card. Peter King wrote this morning that a "friend" of Cleveland GM Dorsey says the Browns want to take Barkley at #4. If this is true, Cleveland should try to trade down with Denver, so they can pick up Barkley at #5 - that would be a real coup for them.

As far as the number of QBs, five would be a real shock, but who knows? Maybe the QB-less teams will panic. If the Colts want to take someone at #6 (rather than trade down further), that would be a dream scenario. This will be a fun draft to watch.