View Single Post
Old 10-22-2019, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromeburn View Post
I think it’s just people trying to make an evaluation on limited data. It’s the culture we have created be first to get the word out no matter if it’s accurate or not.

We saw him take a backseat to the run game, so he was a game manager.

We then saw him throw a lot on a defense with a poor secondary and determined to stop the run, so now he is a game changer.

I think he is doing pretty well, but he also has a good team around him. The question I have about him is can he beat the best defenses at playoff time. When they have shut down the run game and he has to pass to win. A team that has a good secondary. Now scheme will help him a lot, but at some point he will have to make those impossible throws to win a game. Can he do it? Hopefully we will find out.
That last point you make is why I'm hoping Campbell gets healthy and becomes the weapon Colts brass envisioned and Funchess as well. I refuse to take shots at those receivers who are available because it seems they always are but Campbell/Funchess were supposed to be game changers and if faced with a top defense and having to pass in order to win JB needs them out there.