Thread: Rivers Retiring
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2021, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
On another note, thinking back, I remember Polian saying that there are 3 positions you don't pass up if you can get a good one: a passer (QB), a pass rusher (DE/OLB/Edge), and a pass protector (LT). For the past 20 years or so, definitely the Polian era but also most of the Grigson era, it seemed like the Colts were set at those positions and struggled to fill everything else. Now under Ballard, it seems like everything else is filled well and they're struggling to fill those positions.
Good observation.

The LT situation is somewhat new. It will be interesting to see how that is addressed.

We do not have a pass rusher that is capable of changing the game, and we are still in "limbo" concerning quarterbacks.

Hopefully Rivers getting out of the way enables them to come up with some kind of plan at quarterback that is longer than one or two years. As I said in the other thread, I would hate to see us finally get the position addressed just for the rest of the team to regress (naturally) and we're back at the point where we have a Franchise QB trying to carry a less talented supporting cast.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mr. Session For This Useful Post:
njcoltfan (01-20-2021)