Thread: Edgerrin James
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2018, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YDFL Commish View Post
Yep, I was watching that vid a few weeks ago.

Everything that has been said in this thread, is spot on with what great all around RB that Edge was.

I just have a hard time saying that Edge was better in his prime than LT was in his. For two reasons: TD's and YC. The TD's I guess could be a product of conservative Marty ball when near the end zone, while the Colts were more prone to pass the ball. I just give LT the slight nod.

The best RB's of Edge's era were LT, Martin, Faulk and Edge. I believe the other 3 were all 1st ballot HOF. It is a great injustice that that Edge has been nominated 3 times and still not made it.

I don't even think the voters watch video of the players, and basically go on memory and the common misconception that the Colts passing offense opened up the running game. I believe, that in Edge's 1st two season the opposite was true. The Colts didn't even have an established passing game in '99, and Edge led the league in rushing attempts that season. Sure sounds like the running game was opening up the passing game to me.
Edge was better than Curtis martin, both in pre-injury and for his career.

I don't consider Faulk of exactly the same era. Faulk's end of career overlapped with Edge's beginning, just overlapping a bit