Thread: Leonard
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2018, 12:28 PM

Thanked 1,180 Times in 356 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rm1369 View Post
I don’t see much hyping Vander Esch as a favorite for DROY. Certainly he’s in the running, but I don’t think even the Dallas hype machine can make up the necessary ground. It will either be Leonard or Derwin James. Obviously I’m partial to Leonard, but I couldn’t complain to much if it was James. Guys a stud. Could be a big week in the race with both playing important high profile games - Leonard against Dallas and James against KC. If James has an impressive game against KC on Thursday night that would tip the scales in his favor IMO.

Knowing we have at least one true difference maker on D is huge to me. Only nitpick I have is that I’ve now seen Leonard miss a few tackles going for the strip. Anyone else notice that? Or am I just wrong? I love that they are attacking the ball and I commented on the apparent emphasis on that very early in the season. But you have to secure the tackle.
Yeah I'm with you. I haven't seen realistic LVE hype. Realistically, it's Leonard vs Derwin James v Chubb. I think all three have a case.