Thread: Stfu!!!!!!!
View Single Post
Old 09-02-2021, 01:20 PM

Thanked 1,572 Times in 893 Posts

Respectfully Puck, it is a huge deal, and a public safety issue.

If it were just the matter of those who don't get the shot getting sick(er) and dying at a higher rate, that is one thing. A sad thing, but not really my business.

If it were just additionally that these non-vaccinated folks were overcrowding emergency rooms and taking critical care beds from vaccinated folks with other conditions (my father-in-law, for example could not get into a hospital in Buffalo last weekend to get a blockage treated, and with only one kidney, it could have ended up killing him), then that would be bordering on a national emergency, but still, as a Naval veteran I can see the argument that they should have the choice to not get the shot.

But now, these large numbers of unvaccinated folks are becoming petri dishes for newer and even more resistant variants of Covid. The Delta is only the beginning. You want to lose more sleep at night? Read up on the Mu variant, which is apparently able to evade the immunity that people with the vaccine have. Granted, Mu did not develop here in the US, but the point is that more people who are unvaccinated means more potential spots for viral mutations, which means the virus will become even deadlier and harder to stop.

THAT is why we should all care, before this thing mutates into Captain Trips, and 99.9% of us are gone.

This, to me, makes the protests of a few football players moot.

Thank you for coming to my TED Talk.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to TheMugwump For This Useful Post:
apballin (09-02-2021), ATrain (09-03-2021), Chromeburn (09-02-2021), Colts And Orioles (09-02-2021), Coltsalr (09-06-2021), YDFL Commish (09-02-2021)