View Single Post
Old 11-24-2017, 01:00 AM

Default On the Effect of Coaching

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
The mistake you're making is assuming I care about them firing Pagano beyond the chance that it creates to get one of the horribly bad head coaches that will actively hinder the team. I don't, as I've stated numerous times.

Lol so you want to keep a horribly bad coach to avoid the possibility that there's a chance the next one will also be bad?

That's like saying you'd rather keep the syphilis rather than get it cured bc then you'll risk having sex again and might get HIV.

Edit to add: you're contradicting yourself now. You just made a case that coaches don't make much of an impact. Players play, and talent wins out. that's what determines success or failure. So unless you mean that the next coach won't play a healthy Andrew luck and will only put the bare minimum players out on every play, a coach can't actively hinder a team based on your own argument in this thread.

Is that your concern? That a coach might do things like hurry up and run a play so as not to be able to challenge a call that his RB went out of bounds when the replay shows he scored? Or that he will run a play where there's only one person lined up on the line to block on a fake punt? Or he will bench good players for not focusing on special teams while trotting out the worst special teams units in the league? I know, these are all far fetched things that a coach would never do, so it's hard to hypothesize... [emoji849]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by ATrain; 11-24-2017 at 01:09 AM.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ATrain For This Useful Post:
Puck (11-24-2017), Racehorse (11-24-2017), Thorgrim (11-24-2017), YDFL Commish (11-24-2017)