View Single Post
Old 04-09-2018, 07:20 AM

Thanked 1,197 Times in 528 Posts

From Peter King's MMQB quoting gil Brandt
Quote:
“This is a draft where 13 to 17 guys I could point to and say for sure, This guy’s a first-round pick. After that, there’s a lot of starting-type players who could go anywhere. Let me put it to you this way: My guy who I have 21st overall on my list could go 64th. The guy I rank 47th could go 19th.
I really don't want to drop down below 12th in a trade out situation.

CB Denzel Ward, Ohio State
SS Derwin James, Florida State
LB Tremaine Edmunds, Virginia Tech
LB Roquan Smith, Georgia
OT Connor Williams, Texas
CB Josh Jackson, Iowa
DE Marcus Davenport, UTSA
DE Harold Landry, Boston College
OT Mike McGlinchey, Notre Dame

I want one of those guys on the Colts. Most are going to go between 7 - 20. I want our choice of them at #12 at worst.

Other quotes:
Quote:
His order of the quarterbacks: “Rosen, Darnold, Mayfield, Allen, Jackson.”
Quote:
Biggest surprise in the top 10: “[Notre Dame] tackle Mike McGlinchey. He’ll go in the top 10.”
Quote:
Player who will go higher than everyone thinks: “Will Hernandez, guard, UTEP. Reminds me of Mike Iupati—both drafted higher than anyone thought.”
Quote:
Draft invitee who fascinates Brandt: “Leighton Vander Esch, the Boise State linebacker. He’ll be the first man ever invited to the draft who played eight-man football in high school. He’s from Salmon River High School in Riggins, Idaho. A true rising star.”
Quote:
Happiest draft invitee: “We’ve got 22 guys coming in, and maybe the happiest is a guy who won’t be picked in the first round: Shaquem Griffin [the UCF linebacker who lost his left hand because of a birth defect at age 4]. When I called his mother to invite them, she started crying because of how much this means to the family.”
Walk Worthy,
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sherck For This Useful Post:
Indiana V2 (04-09-2018), Racehorse (04-09-2018), Spike (04-09-2018), VeveJones007 (04-09-2018)