Thread: Out of Luck
View Single Post
Old 09-14-2017, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoppedWood View Post
Venturi does not agree, he said if Luck is in fact healthy (and I believe he thinks he is just by listening to some of his cryptic statements...), there would be a ton of teams coming forward looking to deal - his statement- this guy just doesn't come around every year or every other year in the draft, he just doesn't, he doesn't come along every 5 years. People have seen what he can do to NFL defenses- and in his view already just one game into this crappy season there's no greater evidence of how massive his impact alone can be on a team. His view, and I think we have evidence of it- Andrew Luck by combination of talent and will puts a bad team in playoff contention, Andrew Luck on just a good team- a SB contender without question. And, and, and though this did not come from Rick, I heard another person on NFL Radio last night make a brilliant point and it was intended as a KNOCK on Pags inability to develop players but it bleeds over to Luck's impact on the team. His view was TY Hilton is JAG without Andrew Luck, he's one of the best receivers in the NFL with him.

As for suitors look inside our division- where are Houston or Jax with Andrew Luck under center? I know this makes all of our skin crawl, how unstoppable are the Broncos with Luck instead of Simien- and look at that division, you don't think they know to compete regardless of how good that D is they need a horse at QB? How fast does Miami jump over NE with Luck not Cutler?

Me, I am starting to kinda feel like maybe we should just gut it entirely it is such a catastrophe right now. Get a bonanza of picks for him, ship off the last few aged players remaining, go full youth movement the rest of this year and get a top 3 pick. Bring Harbaugh in, bring Peyton in as President (if for nothing else but to have someone who can actually freaking articulate and relate in front of the cameras), actually focus on playing defense for the first time in 20 years and see if we can't be ready to challenge for SB in 4 years...

I hate typing that but at this point it just feels like maybe this window has closed here and maybe sadly, that's the reality Luck sees as well and is reacting to.
Good God I hope that NEVER HAPPENS !! I just can't imagine going back to the pre Manning years, searching every year for just a competent QB, guys like George, Pagel, Trudeau just to name a few. If that scenario did play out, I've lost ALL confidence that Irsay has the mental capacity to get that job done. They would be out of Indy within a few years!!