View Single Post
Old 03-11-2020, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromeburn View Post
Give me your FA predictions.

I think we follow a similar pattern as before. We will be in a on few big names then get outbid. We will pick up tier 2 guys and round out the roster so we can go BPA in the draft. I think we sign a DT, DE, and a WR. Maybe Wolff or Shelby Harris, Sheard, and Emanuel Sanders.

I think we sign Rivers and draft a low round QB. Rivers said he only wants to play two more years so he is essentially a stop gap.
I pretty much agree. They’ll sign Rivers and draft Fromm or Gordon. They’ll “go after” the top tier guys, but settle on the a couple tier 2 and tier 3 guys. The exception possibly being Hunter Henry (if you consider him top tier). I think he’ll be heavily pursued by the Colts and could possibly be landed since TE isn’t a “premier” position (not the same dollars as DE, DT, or OT). We saw what Ebron meant to the system and Henry obviously has familiarity with Rivers, so he makes sense on multiple fronts.

I’m not sure I agree on Sanders though. He’s not a fit due to age IMO. I could see like Higgins or Agholor. And of course they’ll add someone in the first two rounds of the draft and possibly an additional one later. Although I’m hoping they resign Funchess instead of double dipping in the draft - WRs often take a year or two to develop.

I agree on DE and DT - they’ll settle on a lower tier guy still in his mid to late 20s. And they‘ll spend one of the other first or second round picks on the other position.

Personally I’d like to see them pursue Byron Jones. They need help at CB and if they are signing Rivers I think they need that help now. I doubt they’d land him if they do though.