Thread: Ballard
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2020, 01:22 PM

Thanked 2,430 Times in 1,092 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maniac View Post
Who ever said they guarantee anything? No one said that. But there is NO denying that they give you a far better chance at winning games.

Us winning one superbowl doesn't prove your point. How many winning seasons did we have under those franchise QB's? Most of the time in the playoffs, you end up playing other teams who have their own franchise QB's and they may be better than you. It doesn't negate the positive effect of having one on your team.

I would MUCH rather have that one superbowl and the many, many winning seasons that we've had under Manning and Luck than be in the position of other teams in our own division who kept searching for franchise qb's and failing while being stuck in mediocrity.

If you're a GM and you don't have a franchise QB, you're trying like hell to get one or develop a QB into one. There is a reason why franchise QB's are the highest paid, and the next highest paid positions are those who can get to them and disrupt them or the guy protecting their blind side.
I think we are probably on the same page, its hard to have a complicated conversation this way. Where we seem to disagree is I would rather have a star at GM than any one player. Over time good administrations win.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Oldcolt For This Useful Post:
JAFF (05-06-2020), Racehorse (05-06-2020)