Thread: so Donald Trump
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2017, 12:58 PM

Thanked 1,206 Times in 531 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcubed View Post
I dont think you do understand....
Well said.

I have family members who work for Lilly in Indy in various parts of the company.

The one in research told me this past Christmas that they had almost 600 drugs in the developmental pipeline and their projections indicate that, perhaps, 30 will end up making it to market. Of those 30, no more than 5 will be high sellers with the potential to "pay" for the other 595 drugs that did not make it to market or that do not sell well.

Look at drug research in Europe right now, it is basically dead. Socialized medicine has taken the profit motivation out of the equation and companies cannot take the risk required to manufacture new drugs because their success rate is so small. Most of the "new' drugs coming out of European drug companies are derivatives of already researched and successful drugs that can be modified for a specific purpose way, way cheaper than new drugs can be developed.

But, hey, folks are just going to keep blaming "someone" for whatever they don't like in the world. It always has to be someone else's fault.

Good post, rcubed. Well played.

Cheers,
The Following User Says Thank You to sherck For This Useful Post:
rcubed (02-27-2017)