View Single Post
Old 01-04-2018, 10:01 AM

Thanked 1,304 Times in 712 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coltsalr View Post
Harbaugh or Saban would be my first choice, but I'm pretty sure we would've heard some rumblings on either if that were the case.

Short of that, I'd go McDaniels. As you said, the offense would be good and there's a high correlation rate right now between QB development (and in turn team success) and HC's that are offensive-minded:

Sean McVay comes to the Rams and they're suddenly one of the best teams in football and Jared Goff has a meteoric development, Doug Pederson has the Eagles thriving until Wentz died, Jason Garrett/Dak Prescott, Jay Gruden/Kirk Cousins, Kyle Shanahan/Jimmy Garappolo, Doug Marrone/Bortles, and Adam Gase had gotten Ryan Tannehill to being a postseason QB before he died.

Gimme an offensive-minded HC.
There is nothing wrong with a defensive minded head coach. The important thing is who they hire to run the offense and that they don't limit the coordinator with their own flawed philosophy like Pagano did.

Just the same as the offensive minded head coach must make a good decision on the defensive coordinator or you're screwed on that side of the ball.

It's the same either way, they just have to make smart hires