View Single Post
Old 10-29-2019, 05:36 PM

Thanked 1,994 Times in 1,136 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeveJones007 View Post
I'm heading out on vacation tomorrow and won't be able to grade the DEN and PIT games until after the MIA game, but here's where I think Brissett is after 7 games:

Pros:
-Has an NFL arm; you don't have to limit the playbook in that regard
-Works the pocket well
-Hard to bring down, can extend plays
-Puts very few throws in harms way

Areas for Improvement:
-More refined timing. At times, he isn't in sync with receivers, particularly on the deep ball.
-Needs to help receivers get open more often via timing/ball placement and using his eyes.
-When evading pressure, keep eyes downfield for big play. He's had a few more of these in recent games, so we're already seeing improvement here.
-Ball protection vs the rush

Needs Further Evaluation:
-Blitz reads, particularly hitting the hot read. This is something I want to key on when I watch the Denver game. However, it may be that the play design lacks the necessary option or the receiver missed it.

‪Overall, I'd grade him as a B/B+ through 7 games. He’s certainly answered whether or not he’s a Top 20 QB. The question now is whether he can improve enough to warrant Top 10 and “Franchise QB” consideration.‬
Great analysis as usual. For a guy that really has call it 2 years of starting experience under his belt- the guy has shown a lot of promise. Refine some of the rough edges and we may have something exceptional in JB.
The Following User Says Thank You to ChoppedWood For This Useful Post:
VeveJones007 (10-29-2019)