View Single Post
Old 01-12-2018, 02:25 PM

I am with you, brother. I want a complete team with studs at QB, O-line, and on Defense before I want a stud RB.

However, if McDaniels' is our next HC, I see all the factors coming together at Barkley at #3 overall.

Walk Worthy,[/QUOTE]

If all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail.......With all due respect Sherck, central to your analysis is the presumption that McDaniels is a slave to one mental model of how to design/run an offense. He very well may be.....I don't know. However, if Ballard is half the leader and assessor of talent that people like Polian purport him to be then I hope that a key criteria to his assessment is finding a leader that understands the long term key to winning is adaptability. It's no different than any other industry......you adapt or quickly become irrelevant. This, I think, was the central failing of Pagano (with all due respect to those that think coaching doesn't matter). He simply wouldn't (or I think couldn't) realize that stubborn enslavement to that "we just do what we do" mentality was a recipe for irrelevance as everyone else (including the AFC South) passes you by. I think the right question to be in for McDaniels is is he capable of flexible thinking?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 1965southpaw For This Useful Post:
Butter (01-13-2018), Racehorse (01-12-2018)