View Single Post
Old 01-12-2018, 02:22 PM

Thanked 4,405 Times in 2,531 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherck View Post
I don't disagree with you; however....

The Cheats have had the luxury of having a top defense for the majority of their run since 2006. This contributes to....

An effective offense centered around a stud QB. Yeah, I hate Tommy Cheater but he is a stud. This is fueled by....

An offensive line that, while not top five, has been solidly good for a long time. I think that Tommy Cheater's quick release and intelligence game plan design does a lot of this but....

Leading to the fact that RB, while getting 63% of the touches, is RARELY the focus of opposing defenses or opposing game plans. Early on, folks game planned to score on the Pats defense. Later, they game planned to stop Tommy Cheater. Rarely, if ever, did they gameplan to stop the run.

The Colts do not have a top defense, they don't have a stud QB (that might change but currently, and they don't have a demonstrated good game plan. That means that running back by committee will probably not work out much better than it has over the past couple of years for the Colts.

Also, our owner wants Barkley. He wants his next Edge. Big factor there.

I am with you, brother. I want a complete team with studs at QB, O-line, and on Defense before I want a stud RB.

However, if McDaniels' is our next HC, I see all the factors coming together at Barkley at #3 overall.

Walk Worthy,
I think much of the angst about our line had to do with how inept the coaching staff/plans were. We could do the quick, short passes the Cheats do, but our plan is to run the WRs all the way down the field, giving opponents a chance to get to whichever QB was under center that game. Moronic! Also, I do not believe any of them ever gave Luck any idea of what he should do better (IOW, developing him) between games/seasons. I think McDaniels would do better at both and a RB like Barkley would make it easier on the line and on Luck. That said, I would love to see us nab a great pass-rusher, if there is actually one in the draft this year. From what I read, there really isn't one. Now, some of that is due to the difference between the college offenses and the NFL offenses, so there may be a guy who has the skill, but never got to use it in college, which means he may slip a round or two.