View Single Post
Old 01-04-2018, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by albany ed View Post
Rosen and Darnold are coveted much higher than the rest. True, the others can have teams wanting them, but I don't think a King's ransom would be given for them. A decent 1 and a 4 maybe, but not much more.
The Texans traded the Browns their 1st round pick (#25) and their 2018 first round pick (which will be #4, but obviously they had no way of knowing that ), for the #12 overall pick last year to grab Deshaun Watson.

The Chiefs traded the Bills their first round pick (#27 overall), their 3rd rounder and their 2018 first rounder to move up to #10 to grab Patrick Mahomes.

I think that guys like Mayfield/Allen will have similar value and that if it's moving up to #3, the asking price should be, at a minimum, this year's #1 (and it better be a first half selection) and next years' as well as another round pick in 2018.

I agree with you that guys like Mayfield/Allen aren't going to grade out as being "Trade The Franchise Worthy", but I do think that it's possible that if two QB's go one-two and there's a bunch of other QB-starved teams that it's possible a run on QB's to open the draft could cause a team to desperately trade the Colts a healthy sum.
The Following User Says Thank You to Coltsalr For This Useful Post:
Puck (01-04-2018)