Thread: Politics
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2020, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron shaft View Post
The Trump Deranged Syndrome is strong on this board.

Honestly, you think any of the last number of President's was in it "for the people?" Obama, Bush 2, Clinton, Bush 1? Really? They were all running their own agenda, pushing their own pet projects regardless of how it would negatively effect "the people" and left office incredibly wealthy.

How about the failed candidates? Hillary? Romney? McCain? Kerry? Gore? Dole? Any of those folks "for the people?"
Ahh, the old everyone is corrupt, so my guy isn’t that bad argument. One of conservatives current favorites. I could list all the ways Trump is more corrupt and more dangerous but we both know it wouldn’t matter. If you can’t see the level of Trumps corruption and the frequency of his out right lies then there isn’t much that can be said. You’ve decided to put politics above principles- if you even have any.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironshaft View Post
The last President that I think was working for the people was Reagan....
Maybe....unless you were black, gay, or had a mental illness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironshaft View Post
Rage against Trump all you want, but he is the only political "outsider" we have had in office since Eisenhower who is not owned by their political party. His appointment of judges will at least keep our legal system on track to remain loyal to the Constitution for another generation regardless of how bad our political "masters" get.
Ahh, Trump the outsider, another favorite. He’s definitely doing your bidding. Some brand of conservatives see government as naturally corrupt and ineffective, so they elect people who help prove them right. Congrats, you got a fucking winner this time!

Oh yeah judges! The holy grail! They are doing a great job defending the constitution- man that was awesome what they’ve done with the Wisconsin primary! About fucking time someone made it so difficult to vote during a pandemic and with only 5 of 180 polling stations open in Milwaukee! What an absolutely win for Americans! Constitution defended! I’m seriously amazed at how often defending the constitution helps suppress voter turnout or voter disenfranchisement, harms POC, or other minority groups.

Man, I really am amazed at people in this country. I understand having different views on how to accomplish things. But I don’t understand electing an ignorant con man as POTUS. I don’t understand putting politics above principles. I respect conservatives, but I have zero respect for Trump supporters - and I many in my family. I simply can’t respect willful ignorance. And I can’t respect someone that decides getting their judges is worth the damage being done to this country’s institutions internationally and domestically. That’s my 2 cents.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rm1369 For This Useful Post:
Chaka (04-08-2020), JAFF (04-08-2020), omahacolt (04-08-2020)