Thread: Politics
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2020, 11:14 AM
Post whore

Thanked 3,677 Times in 2,056 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brylok View Post
That's where we're pretty much at. The GOP/Trump's goal is a gangster style oligarchy government like Russia has, and we're almost there. When it happens, his supporters, particularly the poor ones, will wonder why they've been left out of the spoils/graft. What the hell happened?! How come I'm still poor?! And then they'll blame the Democrats/liberals.
Unless there's a massive change, this country is doomed.
When he got elected he constantly asked when he could meet Putin. All the time "when do I get to meet Putin". He idolizes the guy.

I have a college buddy who works in DC, he is head of a legal staff for a long time senator and the GOP. The stories he tells me are nuts. They can't stand the guy but the party loves him so they go along. Everyone complains about the deep state, but the deep state are the ones shielding or tempering us from his illogical decisions. Half the time he is simply motivated to stay in the headlines. As long as he is in the headlines he thinks he will win re-election. He is a complete narcissist and has zero empathy. Its all a con and tells people what they want to hear so he can get what he wants.