Thread: Politics
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2020, 10:48 AM

The Trump Deranged Syndrome is strong on this board.

Honestly, you think any of the last number of President's was in it "for the people?" Obama, Bush 2, Clinton, Bush 1? Really? They were all running their own agenda, pushing their own pet projects regardless of how it would negatively effect "the people" and left office incredibly wealthy.

How about the failed candidates? Hillary? Romney? McCain? Kerry? Gore? Dole? Any of those folks "for the people?"

The last President that I think was working for the people was Reagan and even he had his own pet projects. He was not a fiscal conservative in any way shape or form and set up what is now the incredibly short sighted deficit spending "norm" for our nation.

His strategy did win the Cold War and restart an economic boom that lifted everyone's boat and I give him a ton of credit for that but our nation and political system no longer offers up politicians at the national level that are not wholly owned by someone else they need to re-pay once in office.

Biden will be better? Hahahahahaha. Bernie? Hillary or Cuomo if they decide to remove Biden because of his obvious mental issues?

Not a one of them are "for the people." They are all in it for themselves and "their" group of folks.

Rage against Trump all you want, but he is the only political "outsider" we have had in office since Eisenhower who is not owned by their political party. His appointment of judges will at least keep our legal system on track to remain loyal to the Constitution for another generation regardless of how bad our political "masters" get.

I am not a fan of Trump's at all but to say he has the "worst" leadership ever or is worse than other President's in making a buck means you have just not studied U.S. history very much. Look at the Grant administration. Look at the Carter term; there are two examples of President's who were much worse that Trump in just about any metric you want to measure with.

My two cents.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ironshaft For This Useful Post:
Colt Classic (04-08-2020), Racehorse (04-08-2020), smitty46953 (04-08-2020), Spike (04-15-2020)