View Single Post
Old 10-21-2020, 08:54 PM
Post whore

Thanked 3,683 Times in 2,059 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
Do you have an example of a game that illustrates this? Because my biggest issues with him are his quickness to give up on passing and his general reading of defenses (he sometimes misses wide open looks). But I've generally seen an NFL arm with good ball placement in his film.
So Lance will be pretty dependent on his pro day and combine. But he is such an athlete that those should be in his favor.

But my concern is his accuracy and I’m going off the pff metric explained here: QB accuracy metric explained. I think it is a better evaluation tool than just attempts / completions which really doesn’t tell the whole story. Using that metric his completion is 50% which doesn’t project well to the NFL where you need to be very accurate. Burrow last year posted the highest accuracy rating they have had since they started using this, which is partly why I was so bullish on him. Then the one game he played this season he was only at 28% which wasn’t the best debut. I don’t like using one game as a measure but it’s all we have to go on.

He certainly has the arm strength and his running will be a definite asset. Defenses have a lot of trouble with QBs of his type. But I wanted 60% accuracy from him, that is usually the break point. And I just haven’t seen it yet.