View Single Post
Old 09-24-2017, 06:15 PM

Thanked 1,180 Times in 356 Posts

You hit most of 'em, Omaha. Saw largely the same game. Only a few quick thoughts from me.

1. This game soured me on Pagano way more than the LAR game. I'd like to think I'm being fair on Pagano -- I didn't have issues with him in the AZ game, for instance. But the entire second half of this game was a bullshit, terrible NFL gameplan. The world's most predictable Frank Gore runs every first down, zero creative adjustments, the world's lamest prevent defense. Get the fuck out of here with that second half gameplan. They deserved to lose coaching like that. Add in the penalties, and this was just a shitshow of a game begging to be thrown away.

2. But because the Colts played the Browns, who have garbage receivers, they didn't. That was literally the only reason the Colts didn't lose today.

3. I echo Omaha's praise for Brissett. Kid can just play. Pagano coached the second half like Scott Tolzien was his QB. I don't get it. The coaching staff did a discredit to Brissett in winning time today.

4. I really like what this team has at DB overall, especially going forward. But Malik Hooker can't get beat by Seth DeValve. C'mon now. Think he still has to be a more dynamic player for the Colts.

5. This team needs to get Antonio Morrison out of any base defense. He just can't play in space. It's not like Bostic or Jeremiah George are particularly good, but they're nowhere near as slow. Obviously this team needs major ILB upgrades next year, but in the interim, I'd like to see Morrison phased out of anything that's not a heavy front.

6. I have no doubt this team will move on from Pagano, but I'm afraid they'll be stuck with Chud for a while. He's just good enough to not be the dregs of OCs, but just bad enough to be an albatross for your franchise QB.

I know he's had a tall task with Brissett, and I acknowledge that context. But he is still incredibly predictable, runs the least creative receiver stacks/formations in the league, and insists on running into loaded fronts just to arbitrarily establish a run game. You've got to have some modicum of creativity to be a good OC for a team with Andrew Luck. That's not Chud.

That's why I'm hoping an offensive HC replaces Pagano. That's the only way I see Chud going.
The Following User Says Thank You to GoBigBlue88 For This Useful Post:
Coltsalr (09-24-2017)