View Single Post
Old 02-12-2023, 01:46 PM
Post whore

Thanked 3,685 Times in 2,060 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
Not my first choice for head coach, but definitely better than Saturday. Retaining Gus Bradley as DC makes it an A+ move IMO. Now to hope Steichen can put together an offensive staff that can develop a rookie QB into a franchise QB, and hopefully more of a pocket passer than a hybrid QB/RB. Please no Greg Roman style offense in Indy.
To me when evaluating the accomplishments. He helped make Herbert into what he is. I like Steichen simply for what he did with Hurts. Everybody thought Hurts was a gasket player at best and they turned him into a franchise QB. I always read that Hurts was a great person with high character. Everyone loves him wherever he went, but they just couldn’t get him molded right. But the Eagles did it. Burrow was a more finished product. But that is just one aspect I’m looking at. Not sure how they interviews or what they had in plan.

I do imagine that Steinchen might align more with the Colts build strategy since the Eagles also emphasize strong line play. So a drastic overal wouldn’t be necessary, just he would be brought to help mold the QB of the future and get that final piece settled.

Last edited by Chromeburn; 02-12-2023 at 02:00 PM.